CHANA offers a Jewish community response to the needs of persons who experience abuse and other forms of interpersonal trauma. In providing crisis intervention, education and consultation, CHANA advocates for community awareness, safety and healing.
Look for our new website Summer 2014
CHANA Advocacy and supportive services for domestic abuse
• Crisis intervention and legal advocacy
• Supportive counseling and safety planning
• Prevention education and community awareness
The Shofar Coalition Prevention and healing services for childhood trauma and sexual abuse
• Trauma therapy and professional consultation
• Synagogue healing services and community educational forums
• Individual, group and specialized interventions
*The Shofar Coalition is a collaborative response to trauma in the Baltimore Jewish Community.
SAFE: Stop Abuse oF the Elderly* Education and intervention services for older adults
• Immediate intervention and coordinated response
• Awareness, prevention and educational workshops
• Supportive services for individuals, families and concerned community members
*In collaboration with Jewish Community Services and Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital.