For Concerned Community Members
Through outreach and education efforts, CHANA provides information, guidance and resources to individuals and organizations in the community. Many local clergy members, of all faiths, are comfortable calling CHANA to collaborate on handling a sensitive situation within their congregation. We have developed positive working relationships with local schools and organizations to work together on projects, develop protocols and create a sensitive and intentional plan of action when a situation of abuse arises.
We are committed to helping all affected by abuse and trauma take steps toward safety and a brighter future.
Created in 2009, the Shofar Coalition invites mental health professionals to serve as a resource for the treatment, education and prevention of trauma and abuse in Baltimore’s Jewish community. Shofar Coalition professionals offer trauma-informed therapy services pro bono or at a fraction of their standard rate in exchange for specialized trauma training and supervision.
- Peer consultation groups
- Case consultation/supervision opportunities, in an individual or group setting as needed
- Ongoing training and professional development, with CEU opportunities
- Comfortable counseling space availability in our offices or the opportunity to welcome Shofar clients into your own work setting, according to your preference
- Client referrals and promotion of your practice within the community
- Online Listserve community with other therapists participating on the Shofar Clinical Team
- Support and networking opportunities with other professionals in the field
- Opportunities for Jewish professionals to unite and jointly participate in the Baltimore Jewish community’s comprehensive response to trauma, dedicated to the cause of helping community members in need.
More information email firstname.lastname@example.org